Posts Tagged ‘bed bug removal’
Vampires Aren’t the Only Blood Suckers to Worry About this Halloween
It’s that time of year that we celebrate all things scary! We love becoming a creepy spider or a blood sucking vampire for a night, but waking to a bed bug feasting on you or your children is a nightmare that many families face everyday. Bed Bugs have been making a comeback for several years now and can be found just about anywhere. Over the years we have found bed bugs in a variety of places, from warming shelters to five-star hotels and everywhere in between. Although bed bugs are tiny, they will make you feel like you are living in a house of horrors because they’re so difficult to find and eliminate. Use the tips below to prevent and remove bed bugs so they don’t suck your blood this Halloween!
Tips to Prevent a Bed Bug Infestation:
- Get Rid of Clutter – Bed Bugs love small places and narrow crevices. Removing clutter, especially around and under the bed, will minimize potential hiding places.
- Don’t Bring Home Used Furniture – Furniture that has been disposed of could potentially be infested. The couch may be free, but the cost of getting rid of a bed bug infestation will have you wishing you had purchased new rather than used.
- Make Your Bed – Bed Bugs prefer a messy bed, and when bed coverings touch the floor it is an immediate access point for bed bugs to climb into bed with you.
- Move Furniture Away From Walls – This will discourage bed bugs from hiding in narrow spaces between your furniture and the walls.
- Protect Your Mattress – Use a zippered mattress protector on your box springs and on your mattress under your mattress pad.
- Use Light Colored Sheets – Using sheets that are white, or lighter in color, will discourage bed bugs from infesting your bed and make it easier to spot bed bugs, blood marks from feeding, their feces marks or shed skins.
- Home Repair – Seal cracks in floors, walls, and ceilings. Also repair peeling wallpaper. These areas make excellent hiding places for bed bugs.
Already suspect a bed bug problem?
While there isn’t fool-proof method for preventing bed bugs these techniques will make your home less susceptible to bed bugs and make an infestation much easier to diagnose. Bed Bugs can easily hitch a ride in suitcases, on clothing and in other human belongings, allowing them to spread quickly and infest homes, transportation systems, offices and any other place where people gather. If bed bugs do find their way into your home, do not attempt to deal with the infestation on your own. We’ve seen too many people put themselves in dangerous situations while trying to eliminate a bed bug problem. For peace of mind, it’s best to call us for a professional assessment and treatment options.
For more information on bed bugs click here!
To schedule your FREE Bed Bug Inspection click here!